Adres: Elgin, Morayshire, IV30 8FF
Status: in gebruik
Capaciteit: 1,1 miljoen liter per jaar
Uitrusting: 3 wash stills, 3 spirit stills
The Glenlossie distillery has been founded in 1876 by John Duff, in
those days director of Glendronach and owner of an hotel in Lhanbryde.
The distillery has been build with the help of two of his friends,
Alexander Grigor Allen and H.M.S. MacKay. John Duff remained owner of
the distillery up to 1896, when Alexander Grigor Allen died. John Duff
just founded Longmorn and was actively thinking about the creation of
When John Duff left the distillery, H.M.S MacKay renamed it in
"Glenlossie-Glenlivet", and built railway section to the station of
Longmorn. In 1919, the distillery has been bought by the D.C.L.
(Distillers Company Ltd.).
It has been destroyed in a fire in 1929 and rebuild. Like many other
distilleries, the Glenlossie distillery has been closed during the two
world wars, because of a lack of barley.
Glenlossie has been enlarged in 1962, and the number of stills went from
4 to 6. Between 1968 and 1971, the Glenlossie build a distillery waste
reprocessing plant to produce cattle food. A new distillery has been
build besides Glenlossie in 1971: Mannochmore. Its single malt is rarely
bottled (only 0,5% of the production is marketed as single malt), and is
to find at independent bottlers or in the UDV official collection "Fauna